Monday, March 19, 2007

Counties

It is amazing how life can get in the way of making progress! I've been out of town for the past few days and did not have a chance to push the project forward. I finally got some time today and in an effort to generate output I can share broadly, I'm working to generate some interesting KMZs to share. I wanted to put together KMZs with median income by county subdivision, but could not get NHGIS to generate this data. Given the complication with downloading the data from the Download Center on the Census website at the County Subdivision level, I've decided to roll up to the County level. The Census makes it easy to download variables for the entire country at this level and I am working to chart a couple of variables. If there any you an particularly interested in seeing just leave a comment.

I've gotten the code ready for Counties and I wanted to share a screenshot of what the 48 contiguous states look like broken out at the County level. Real data soon!

No comments: